Wednesday 19 August 2009

Given-Words-Story-Making

(Making a Story with the Given Words)
aggravate,
descendant,
diligent / diligency,
gourmei,
lenient / leniency,
merchandise,
monotonous / monotony / monotonously,
personal,
personnel,
procrastinate,
punctual,
tranquil / tranquility,
tedious,
trivia,
sophomore,
subtle
-----------------------------

"A Personal Story"

I’ll tell you a personal story. I’m afraid it’s not proper to be open in front of academic personnel.

I don’t like monotonous works. They are definitely tedious and boring which usually need no thinking. Sometimes I feel my life goes on monotonously, with full of trivia, whenever which, I’d like to break its monotony. I don’t know what to do in many cases, however. Perhaps it’s because I’m considerably passive and timid. Now I realize life is not a gourmet’s item and it has a voracious appetite of time. I know procrastinating with languor/lethargy does not help me. Nevertheless I don’t want to be subversive or break the law.

I have a few cousin-brothers. One of them I liked most is two-years older than I. He was truly masculine and a type as punctual as a clock. Unfortunately he was implicated in a gangster business which is absolutely far from tranquility. It’s a kind of merchandising, but it seemed shady. He seemed to have been involved in that business since he was a university sophomore. It began from a part-time job.

My uncle, who’d been proud of being a descendant of noble blood, was very disappointed with his son. He was lenient and kind with children on the one hand, but a subtle and fragile man on the other. He wanted all his children to lead diligent and sincere lives, so he could hardly forgive his son even with leniency.

The relation between the father and son had been aggravated more and more. Naturally the situation worsened and their lives ruined. The heart-broken father committed suicide in the end, and the remorseful son chose a life of tranquil celibacy. He became a Buddhist monk.



Brit... (3rd August, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment