Thursday 20 August 2009

Story-Making with a Question


Making a Story with the Given Question: 18 August

Question: Last Saturday I saw you were eating dinner at the Paradise Hotel with a handsome man, and he looked like a celebrity, a movie star. Is that right? Give me details!

Explaining Answer:

Oh, have you seen us that night? You were at The Paradise Hotel, too? So small world that I cannot do bad things! It is natural people mistook him as another man. He really resembled someone. When I first met him, I was shocked that I felt my blood go to the feet. I thought my favourite Sean Bean stood before me. I think you know Sean Bean, the British actor who played Boromir in The Lord of Rings. I’ve liked him since early ‘90s when he performed Oliver Mellors in Lady Chatterley’s Lover. Mellors is one of my loving characters in novels. Sean Bean also played Count Vronsky in Anna Karenina, and then I was utterly knockd out by him. In fact I didn’t like Vronsky reading Tolstoy’s novel, but Sean’s Vronsky was absolutely special. I love even bad guys in movies as far as Sean Bean plays them.

Anyway the Saturday’s man was definitely not Sean Bean, as you know. He said to me that many people used to mistake him as Sean, sometimes he enjoyed that, but he usually did not like the confusion much. He is actually my cousin’s brother-in-law and his name is Nicholas Owen. My cousin sister married to an American called Andrew Owen, and lives in Colorado. Nicholas is her husband’s older brother. I have never met Andrew, but regarding the brother, he must be handsome, too.

A month ago my cousin phoned me her brother-in-law would visit in Korea on business, and asked me to spare one day for his company. She said that after his business was done he wanted to break a day off for looking around Busan along the coast. That’s why last Saturday I took him to Taejongdae and Jagalchi-market, and drove for him to Haeundae via Gwanganli. We enjoyed being at exciting beaches that day, and almost exhausted in that evening.

In the restaurant, Nick and I talked much with each other. We found that we greatly shared common disposition. We both liked sea and sea food, both were fine swimmers, and both loved books and music. He knew well about literature and philosophy. Oh, I was deeply impressed with him. I’ve never met a man like him. What can I say, he was the very type of man whom I’d like to fall in love with. Ha~! Of course that’s impossible because I’m a married woman, you know. Don’t worry about me! We became good friends anyhow. The important thing was not that he was gorgeous, but that we could understand each other completely. It was wonderful to know him. I must thank my cousin.

That night he was my guest anyway, so I was about to pay for dinner since, but he already paid for it in my ignorance. By the way, did we make a fair match?

Brit... (18th August, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment